RESTORING THE CHURCH: $9 million
Funds raised for the restoration of the Old Cathedral will be used to support all facets of a historic restoration, with special attention given to original design elements.
Exterior Updates to include:
- Repair and replace exterior limestone and sandstone, including spot tuckpointing, and waterproofing
- Replace the mullioned windows with energy efficient yet historically accurate glass in the original Gothic design
- Repairs to the steeple, roofs and gutters of the church, rectory and museum
- Restore the front doors of the church and the entrance to the museum
- Upgrades to the parking lot, exterior lighting, entrance pavers, and landscaping